Polyamory is Okay As Long As You Lie About It

19 Jan

Does anyone else find this media hyperventilating over Newt Gingrich’s ex-wife’s interview a little weird? I mean, we knew that he cheated on her with Callista. His retroactive request for an open marriage is fucked up, but is it any worse than fucking another woman and lying about it?

10 Responses to “Polyamory is Okay As Long As You Lie About It”

1. Whale Chowder 01.19.2012 at 20:48 #

As with any contract, the proper time to change the terms is before you sign. That said, my mom always said if they’re willing to cheat on their spouse with you, what makes you think they won’t cheat on you?

2. Another Kiwi 01.19.2012 at 20:54 #

Look, it’s not like Newticles committed the biggest sin and was born black. That’s the one the media cannot forgive.

3. truculentandunreliable 01.19.2012 at 22:56 #

Whale Chowder–Yeah, I mean, I don’t know why the fuck she was so surprised. The dude asked for a divorce from his first wife while she was *on her deathbed*. I’m not saying she deserved it, but damn.

AK–True that. Also, his name is only vaguely funny.

OH HEY,BTW, does anyone else remember when he had to resign from being Speaker of the House because he was a corrupt fuckwad? No? Just me?

4. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 01.19.2012 at 23:17 #

I’m enjoying the whole thing.

Rmoney: possibly unelectable for scamming the IRS (legally, but still it’s not gonna look good). Newtie: unelectiable. FrothyMix: like Newtie, but even more unelectable. Ron Paul: No chance of getting nominated.

The only thing spoiling my schadenfreude is the likelihood that President Joseph I. Lieberman Obama’s 2nd term is going to make Richard Nixon look like Dennis Kucinich.

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard 01.20.2012 at 00:58 #

Could you imagine if she had taken Newt up on his offer, and then started entertaining every guy in D.C.? I don’t think Newt really meant to have an open marriage, he’s too much of an authoritarian monster, what he really meant was probably, “I get to fuck around, you get to put up with it.”

6. M. Bouffant 01.20.2012 at 02:42 #

That’s usually what “open marriage” means, you bastard.

My guess is that moralists are disgusted that Newtie wanted to stop giving even lip service to the institution. (Of marriage.)

7. M. Bouffant 01.20.2012 at 02:43 #

Sorry: “Pretending to be disgusted.”

8. Substance McGravitas 01.20.2012 at 19:55 #

Hey I think I left you a link that got eated.

9. truculentandunreliable 01.22.2012 at 14:08 #