Yglesias Needs to Stop Hanging Out With Megan McCardle

16 Nov

Food policy douchebaggery seems to be contagious.

After he is informed that a tablespoon of pizza sauce is not, in fact, “servings” of vegetables, Yglesias then asks “Why don’t they just put more sauce on it?” Um, because there would need to be a half-cup of sauce, and the food industry said that would be gross. (Actually, I think we’d all agree that would be gross). Do you even know what you’re talking about, asshole? Uniformed spouting off: not just for conservatives!

I’m confused as to why a supposed progressive would be so contrarian about policies intended to make sure that kids get the best nutrition possible. School lunches may be the only source of vegetables that poor kids get in a day, unless the dried garlic crystals in ramen seasoning packs count as vegetables, too. What kind of idiot thinks a diet of cheap processed food provides adequate nutrition for growing children?

Ah. I see.

8 Responses to “Yglesias Needs to Stop Hanging Out With Megan McCardle”

1. Bethany Spencer (@vacuumslayer) 11.16.2011 at 12:11 #

WRONG. Asses are for pooping, not talking, Yglesias. Also, isn’t “guarantee” kind of a red herring of a word? I mean nothing will GUARANTEE you good health, but I think it’s pretty safe bet that not smoking, eating well, and exercising will, indeed, benefit you more than say being morbidly obese and eating Twinkies every day.

2. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 11.16.2011 at 12:58 #

I guarantee a diet of items like these will deliver an obese population prone to health problems.

3. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 11.16.2011 at 13:01 #

And one more thing…McArdle and Yggy have their jobs because they type crap like that, not in spite of.

4. M. Bouffant 11.16.2011 at 17:39 #

You may not be aware of this episode in nutritional history.

And just how does he define “servings” of vegetables, one must ask.

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard 11.16.2011 at 17:45 #

Vegetableness, as such, does not guarantee loss of a sweet, sweet job in punditry.

6. truculentandunreliable 11.16.2011 at 22:51 #

UUUGH. It’s so frustrating. What do I have to do to get one of those gigs????

Bouffant–I did know about that. Supposedly, school lunches are even worse now than they were then, which is nauseating. I remember getting food that I wouldn’t feed to a dog.

7. Dragon-King Wangchuck 11.17.2011 at 09:04 #

Then why are so verymany pundits such vegetables?

8. Big Bad Bald Bastard 11.17.2011 at 13:56 #

UUUGH. It’s so frustrating. What do I have to do to get one of those gigs????

You have to throw away any semblance of humanity. Next question?