31 Jul

I really appreciate all of your responses to my last post and I’m putting together something based on your comments. In the meantime, I must share the fact that I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS SONG:

I have mixed feelings about Blake Schwarzenbach, but when the dude is on, he is on.

[I was going to mention how his lyrics tend to be fucking emo as shit, but that would have required an explanation of original emo vs. whatever the hell people are calling “emo” nowadays. I didn’t really feel like ranting–hard to believe, I know–so I tried to see if the Google machine would provide an explanation, but was totes sidetracked by shit like this. Did you know that KISS stands for “Knights in the Service of Satan” and if you play Black Sabbath rekkids backwards they tell you to sacrifice your dog to the devil? It’s true. Between this shit and Harry Potter, kids these days are totally fucked.]

8 Responses to “Thank You, My Dears”

1. M. Bouffant 07.31.2011 at 00:30 #

Knights in Satan’s Service nothing. W.A.S.P.: We Are Sexual Perverts.

May really stand for ‘We Are Stupid Pricks.”

2. Another Kiwi 07.31.2011 at 01:01 #

Huh, I’ve been playing Harry Potter backwards for 15 fucking hours now and nada… The internet lies

3. zombie rotten mcdonald 07.31.2011 at 13:10 #

y’welcome…. I have had some depression in the last couple of years, too, and the fuckers who hang around these parts keep pulling me back fromthe Ledge.

4. Substance McGravitas 07.31.2011 at 13:46 #

His delivery is strangely like Steve Albini, so hearing words about love is kinda weird.

5. Smut Clyde 07.31.2011 at 21:02 #

But I keep falling back into the water.

6. B^4 08.01.2011 at 14:02 #

The kids are listening to Black Sabbath? I was sure they looked on Uncle Oswald as a TeeVee star.

Feel better, kiddo.

7. Whale Chowder 08.01.2011 at 18:14 #

The kids are listening to Black Sabbath?

My son and his friends (sophisticated jazzers all) were totally into all the old skool metal bands just a couple years ago: Sabbath, AC/DC, Judas Priest, etc. It was pretty funny — they were into harder rocking bands than I was and I grew up with that stuff.