Embarrassing Habits

15 Jul

I’ve started employing the double thumbs-up indiscriminately. I feel so dorky doing it, but I can’t stop. Pretty much the worst thing ever.

9 Responses to “Embarrassing Habits”

1. M. Bouffant 07.15.2011 at 15:55 #

Is this occurring in so-called real life, or on the Internet?

I can see how that would be a problem in meatspace. Is there a 12-step program that could help?

2. nedbeaumontjr 07.15.2011 at 17:42 #

Where are the thumbs inserted when you do?

3. B^4 07.15.2011 at 17:52 #

When you decide to waterski over a shark cage, wearing a leather jacket, you’ll be done.

4. Larkspur 07.15.2011 at 19:28 #

Hey, wait. Are you saying that you are maybe possibly feeling a teeny bit optimistic? Or that you are afraid you are developing some kind of neurological tic, like Bi-Digitis Primus Tourettes? I hope it is the former, because the latter BDPT Syndrome is a distressing affliction indeed. But we can help you through it.

PS: I was thinking about you earlier today. I am house-sitting and Mrs. House wears the same shoe size as me, so I was trying on (just for fun, and she wouldn’t mind, I swear to FSM) some of her Jimmy Choos and Pradas. First: OMG OUCH! Second, I totally do not haz the cankles. I hope your cankle is but a memory as well. My toes are borderline gnarly, but the ankles and calves, oof, exquisite.

5. Dragon-King Wangchuck 07.15.2011 at 20:04 #

Ayyyy!

6. truculentandunreliable 07.18.2011 at 13:25 #

It’s in real life. I think it’s some sort of weird nervous tick that only springs up when I’m anxious, which is quite a bit. Ironically, I’m usually anxious because I don’t want to come off like the huge dork I am.

7. B^4 07.18.2011 at 19:09 #

Embrace your dorkitude. Double down on your dorkitude, even. Do you really care what the dork disparagers think?

8. bbkf 07.21.2011 at 21:45 #

just so you know, just about every ‘touristy’ picture i get taken of me, i’m doing the thumbs up…