What’s the Complete Opposite of Being Surprised?

24 Jun

Because that’s what I feel right now.

I’d like to pat 2008 T&U on the head condescendingly for voting for Obama in the primary mostly because she believed he was more interested in protecting civil liberties and less of a hawk than Clinton, because (not to be all OBAMA=BUSH!11!!!11!!!!1111!!!) it really didn’t fucking matter.

8 Responses to “What’s the Complete Opposite of Being Surprised?”

1. M. Bouffant 06.24.2011 at 16:10 #

It’s always a lesser of two evils deal in a “democracy.” Don’t beat yourself up over it. (I’d be willing to bet Hillary C. would’ve been at least as bad, probably worse.)

2. vacuumslayer 06.24.2011 at 16:53 #

I’ve pretty much given up hope that Democrats will be anything resembling a muscular force for liberal causes. They’re significantly less evil than Republicans…but, FGS, Mark Warner was on MSNBC the other day arguing for lower corporate tax rates. I officially give up.

3. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 06.24.2011 at 17:12 #

There’s not a dime’s worth of difference between Hillary and Barack. She’s his Secretary of State Blowing Up Foreigners!

But this Democratic Party? It’s not any use unless we can take it back. How that happens, I have no idea. I’m thinking leaving the country would be easier.

4. B^4 06.24.2011 at 18:11 #

My primary reason for supporting Obama in ought-eight was my desire **sigh** to put a final goddman stake in the ’60s culture war and the fallout of the “Vietnam issue” . Of course, the RNC brought up the Bill Ayers crap anyway.

5. Substance McGravitas 06.24.2011 at 18:19 #

It’s always a lesser of two evils deal in a “democracy.”

Some democracies have more evils to choose from.

6. nedbeaumontjr 06.24.2011 at 19:15 #

Seeing how much you hate being patted on the head, can I suggest you blow a raspberry at yourself instead?

7. willy13 07.07.2011 at 13:41 #

Some democracies have more evils to choose from.
    FREE MARKET BITCHEZ!

I’m totally voting for Kang next go round. Kodos was a fucking wasted vote.

8. truculentandunreliable 07.14.2011 at 09:12 #

I’m alive!!!!

B^4, me too. I underestimated the power that it has in conservatives’ imaginations, though; they see that as their losing point and want to go back to the culture we had before then, and that’s not going to change anytime soon, no matter the age of the candidates.

The resentful, cranky Gen Xer in me also attributes this to demographics and the fact that a large part of our culture is still centered around the Baby Boomers. Luckily, people slightly younger than me are as large a demographic and don’t give a fuck.

Still, I found it amazing how a campaign with no fucking Baby Boomers in it was STILL ABOUT THE BABY BOOMERS.