Well, Then

6 Jun

I HATE  being wrong. Go fuck yourself, Weiner.

It’s not that I’m angry that I believed him; I’m angry that I thought he was actually smart enough not to do something that apocalyptically stupid. It’d be nice to think that someone who is one of the few progressive-ish voices of the Democratic party would possess enough self-control and, like, ethics or something crazy like that not to have “inappropriate communications” (at the very least, because come the fuck on) with hot ladies using his official Twitter account, but I’m not that naive.  But the fact that he’s not canny enough to figure out that sending pictures of his (clothed, at least) junk over fucking yfrog on his public Twitter account in this political climate might be a bad idea is just…fucking sad.

Here’s the video for Monday, because it’s what I’m listening to right this second and it rules so hard:

9 Responses to “Well, Then”

1. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 06.06.2011 at 21:27 #

Yep, it was dumb. But far dumber was the feeble cover-up line.

What he did was actually so much milder than a-holes like Vitter, if he’d just come clean with “I like to flirt, so what?” this would have been over by now. With a lot less of “Breitbart victory” which we’re all going to regret for a long time.

2. Larkspur 06.06.2011 at 21:32 #

Oh, I know. All afternoon I’ve been wondering, “Where the hell is a vengeance demon when you need one?”, and then I was thinking, “O, I shall never watch of the Tele-Vision again, nor shall I partake of the Inter-Tubez, nor shall I have intercourse of any sort with anything which reeketh of humanity ever again, until the end of time and beyond”.

Then I thought of how I’d miss you. Then I had a glass of wine. Then I let Rachel Maddow talk me down. She tried valiantly, and to the extent that I will refrain from annihilating all existence, at least in the immediate future, she was probably successful.

I also fell in love with Melissa Harris-Perry all over again.

3. Substance McGravitas 06.06.2011 at 21:36 #

Ha ha! Time to go watch Spitzer.

4. B^4 06.07.2011 at 14:29 #

Yeah, Weiner’s a putz. and he should have come clean from the get-go. That being said, I’m glad he didn’t resign, and any wingnut who says he should should hear a chorus of “Vitter, Vitter, Vitter…”

I can’t wait to read Bill “Loofalafel” O’Reilly’s take on the Weiner situation.

5. Larkspur 06.07.2011 at 14:43 #

Yeah, I’d also like to hear Andrea Mackris’s take on O’Reilly’s take. And I’d love to hear all sort of icky sordid details about one Mr. Andrew Breitbart. Because there are those details. Every single damn one of us has stuff that we don’t want out there. I say this not to excuse Weiner, but possibly to frighten Breitbart, who is, I suspect, impervious to any of my little dreams and wishes, but (I believe) not ultimately to my fearsome implacable wrath.

6. Larkspur 06.11.2011 at 17:01 #

Hey T&U! I think I need your help. Once again I am falling into the Web-based nexus of hideous unpleasantness – meaning all I seem to do is concentrate on icky stuff that makes me angry and bitter and of no use to myself or anyone else. (Except for cats and dogs. To them I am both loving and useful.)

I need ideas. I think I would suck at a book club. And while I love cool, beautiful or odd websites, I think I need more than a diversion. And it must be something not terribly expensive.

So it could be an unusual site, or a special one, something that isn’t too political. I know I need to get myself edumacated on current technology and communications. For example, what if I suddenly decided to write a story? Well, it would either have to be pure fantasy or historical fiction, because I simply don’t own the tech stuff I need to, so I don’t know exactly how it works – or how it could be made to work, which is of interest in fiction. But neither am I a Luddite or a frightened granny.

I think my first stop might be a post by Amanda Marcotte that I glanced at recently in which she described how much everything has changed, and how rapidly, and she goes through the various modern tech stuff that is essential for everyone except me. (Except going to Pandagon puts me in dangerous proximity to all the dreaded political stuff.)

Okay, here’s one thing I want to do. I need a camera. I don’t think it needs to be fancy, and I don’t want to think about iPhones right now, but I reckon it should be digital. One of my dog’s people gave me her old Sony CyberShot something-hundred, and it is not working, and I must decide whether it makes sense to see if it can be made to work. So I will take it to a camera store and get an opinion as to repair fees and whether I should even get it fixed.

So here is where I need your help. If I have not reported back to you in a week or so, I promise to come back here and confess, and I will ask you to holler at me and beat me up and be all drill-sergeanty with me. Okay? Please? Pleasity please please please?

I wonder if there is a word limit on comments. We will find out.

7. Substance McGravitas 06.12.2011 at 18:29 #

Larkspur, whatever you want to try, try it. Technological stuff is almost always easier than everyone else will let on, and there’s always the internet for help. Writing and making pictures and music and movies has never been easier. You can do it if you have a little free time.

Don’t fix the camera, get a new one. It’s been ages since I shopped for a camera and I do not own pro gear, but Canon has never let me down, and if it’s small enough you carry it everywhere and use it.

8. truculentandunreliable 06.13.2011 at 14:04 #

Larkspur, I would be glad to do that. I need that kind of motivation from other people all. the. time.

9. Smut Clyde 06.13.2011 at 18:06 #

Hi-tech makes it so much easier to do low-tech art-work. Stop-action films with a digital camera ARE GREAT.