Random Song

16 May

I’ve had this song stuck in my head for a couple of days…she opened for Morrissey a few years ago. I fucking love that you can hear her St. Louis accent in the song all like “It’s gettin hot in hurrrrrrrrrr” and shit.

Also, check this out. I think it’s good, but too easy. Dropping in on a life like that for a month sucks, but it’s not difficult to put off your car payment when you know you don’t have to have to deal with it being repossessed in a few weeks.  Of course, there’s really no way to experience the grinding stress of poverty unless you’ve lived it; furthermore, this particular simulation (?) involves someone with a college degree, which can be a different experience than being someone who has little education and no experience being part of middle-class society.

7 Responses to “Random Song”

1. B^4 05.16.2011 at 17:55 #

was also a little irritated by the fact that they had a d

Did the simulator ration your letters?

2. truculentandunreliable 05.16.2011 at 17:57 #

Oh, fuckass. That’s what I get for posting something that I was writing when my internet crashed and not proofing it after I posted.

Fuck.

3. Klaus 05.16.2011 at 17:57 #

I had a d once. The parental units were pissed.

4. Substance McGravitas 05.16.2011 at 19:56 #

That makes me think of Alboth before they got their crap singer. They were awesome as an instrumental group.

5. Spengler Dampniche 05.18.2011 at 21:12 #

Totes on-topic, I think your idea of the concept album worked around ‘The Ghastlycrumb Tinies’ is freaking brilliant. I want to marry it.

6. truculentandunreliable 05.19.2011 at 12:46 #

Thanks! I’m trying to decide if I should put time into it even if I really don’t know how to play any instruments…

7. Melvin 05.22.2011 at 10:52 #