Take This Quiz

2 Apr

and be horribly depressed at the results. And/or feel incredibly superior to the vast majority of your fellow USAians. (Or USAians in general, should it happen that you are not from The Greatest Country EVAR to Exist EVAR).

13 Responses to “Take This Quiz”

1. M. Bouffant 04.02.2011 at 14:45 #

Well, 16 hrs. a day in front of the Internet has paid off: I went to 11! And only had to pause to think on one of the questions.

What do I win?

2. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 04.02.2011 at 16:14 #

I breezed through but I guessed that 50%, rather than 25%, of Americans were obese.

THIS has nothing to do with being in Myrtle Beach right now (and to tell you the truth, Ohio is a pretty fat state).

3. Larkspur 04.02.2011 at 17:26 #

Do I have to respond in a reality-based way? Or can I make up my own facts? ‘Cause I’m not that clued in, apparently. I got the fat people question right, but I zoned out, embarrassingly, and answered neither MEDICARE nor COAL. I am off to the penalty box, into the sin bin, sittin’ in the corner, wearin’ the Dunce Chapeau. It’s enough to make a girl skirm.

Gah.

Okay, I’m over it now.

4. zombie rotten mcdonald 04.02.2011 at 19:20 #

25% of Americans being obese doesn’t allow the TV Hairdos to be Concerned.

5. Substance McGravitas 04.02.2011 at 20:42 #

It was all right being ignorant when the country wasn’t going to hell.

6. B^4 04.03.2011 at 02:27 #

Or can I make up my own facts?

It’s OK if you’re a Republican!

7. Klaus 04.03.2011 at 20:11 #

I live in rural Oregon, so that “25% obese” figure seems like wishful thinking from my perspective.

8. Whale Chowder 04.03.2011 at 22:39 #

Eleven correct (brilliant = me). I must say, those questions weren’t all that hard. I had to take an educated guess at the percentage of fatties otherwise it was pretty straightforward.

Maybe the “calling on the phone out of the blue” was a factor.

Yeah, that’s it.

9. Larkspur 04.03.2011 at 23:30 #

I’m going to be the only one who didn’t ace it, right?

Okay, let’s try this: I didn’t really take the test because I knew it would be so easy that it would just be a waste of time, but I didn’t want to make anyone else feel bad, so I fibbed and “confessed” to having got two wrong. That way I could enhance the self-esteem of others, induce people to like me via the time-honored method of being pitied, and most of all, illustrate how pointless it is to be “smart” when everyone who isn’t a ivory-tower liberal intellectual understands that everything anyone needs to know got learned to ’em in the home-school version of kindygarten.

How’s that? And I don’t believe in gravity, either.

10. zombie rotten mcdonald 04.04.2011 at 09:17 #

Look, I live in Wisconsin; this state elected Imperial Walker.

I have no illusions about the level of idiocy of my neighbors.

11. zombie rotten mcdonald 04.04.2011 at 09:17 #

I like Larkspur.

12. truculentandunreliable 04.04.2011 at 10:00 #

FWIW, I was more appalled that people didn’t know the Republicans control the House or who Boehner was. I had to guess on the number of fatties, too.

It really does help, I think, if you have all the answers in front of you–it feels like you have more time and it’s easier to eliminate. So maybe I’m being unfair?

13. Oregon Beer Snob 04.06.2011 at 12:09 #

I got them all right too, but did have to think about the fatties. Reviewing how the sampled folks did is really depressing. No wonder the conservatives can get away with anything.