Show Me Dumbassery

1 Apr

I think we’ve already established that I live in a shithole, right?

Four members of the Missouri State Senate have been filbustering legislation that would allow the state to accept federal money to extend unemployment benefits. The senate adjourned yesterday without passing it, making it the only state in the union to be SO FUCKING SHITTY AND DUMB THAT THEY’RE WILLING TO LET PEOPLE LOSE THEIR HOMES AND STARVE FOR A MERE FUCKING GESTURE THAT DOES NOTHING TO REDUCE THE DEFICIT.

The filibuster effort was lead by Jim Lembke (R-Doucheville), who is a lovely, LOVELY example of a bug-eyed, crazed “human” and would be cleaning the floors at White Castle with his toothbrush in a just world. Instead, he’s out there drawing a government salary and bitching about red light cameras. Because paying a $100 fine for an easily-avoidable offense is TOTES more distressing than being chronically unemployed and not able to feed your kids.

BONUS STALKER CLUE: This woman is my age? And what the fucking fuck? This is not normally the type of person who runs for office here.  There has been a noticeable change in the culture in the last few years from what it was like when I moved here in 2004. I’m sad that this little college town has become an evangelical asshole haven and why the fuck do good bands so rarely stop here anymore? And is more than one independent bookstore or at least one that is larger than my apartment too much to ask for? Really?

UPDATE: My friend just pointed out her blog’s name. Since when did “dittohead” become something to be proud of?

13 Responses to “Show Me Dumbassery”

1. vacuumslayer 04.01.2011 at 13:32 #

Committed.

Maybe soon, dear!

2. M. Bouffant 04.01.2011 at 15:39 #

It’s their last gasp. Note that most of the morons in her pictures are her parent’s age.

But we can hope Jesus will take her to heaven w/ him, so he can let her know how to use make-up like a good Xian woman, & not like whatever model she’s using now.

3. Larkspur 04.01.2011 at 16:42 #

Oh yes, M.Bouff! What, the eyebrows and lips God gave her aren’t good enough? Is she some kind of follicularly challenged Jezebel? I would never criticize her face, just the crap she’s painted onto it.

And Dittohead? I can picture her, years ago, in her baby bouncy chair, giggling adorably every time Rush Limbaugh popped up on the television or radio, and Mom and Dad and Dick, Sally, Jane and the grampas and grammas all thought it was so adorable, hence the lifelong nickname “Dittohead”. It’s better than Booger, I guess.

In unrelated news, I saw a cute car today. It was a bright orange Mitsubishi Eclipse (the actual color name is Sunset Tumescence, I mean Pearlescence) and the license plate read OH SHINY.

4. truculentandunreliable 04.01.2011 at 17:43 #

Well, she would have been 8 or 9 when he gained national prominence, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that she wasn’t in a baby bouncy chair then.

I can remember staying up to watch his TV show in the early 90s so I could yell at him like the weird ass kid I was.

5. Larkspur 04.01.2011 at 23:12 #

Hee. I didn’t do the math. But at age 8 or 9, I was so desperate to please my parents that I’d have done a Dittohead Tapdance Revue. I was years away from weird assitude. But I guess we both had the weird ass gene, which may be why we ain’t ded.

6. B^4 04.02.2011 at 00:53 #

She looks like she’s the product of some parallel evolutionary pathway- like a humanoid descendent of seals.

7. smut clyde 04.02.2011 at 07:11 #

The Department does not want me describing people as FLKs any more, or comparing them to Crouzon’s Syndrome, so I shut my mouth.

8. Substance McGravitas 04.02.2011 at 09:28 #

The thing I appreciate about Rush is his dedication to Christian principles.

9. truculentandunreliable 04.02.2011 at 13:02 #

Ahhhahahahaha! The seals are offended and say, “This is all on you guys, Ape Boy.”

Are adults described as “FLKs”? I’d assume they’d switch over to “FLAs” at some point. I’m not a science/medically-type person, so I’ll defer to you on this.

I have an overbite and an oddly-shaped head, so the Crouzon Syndrome thing hits a liiiitle close to home…

10. Another Kiwi 04.02.2011 at 14:11 #

She says she wants to foster communication and encourage debate so you can be on her arse all day, if she gets in.

11. smut clyde 04.02.2011 at 15:05 #

This person does not look to have switched over to adult status yet.

12. Larkspur 04.02.2011 at 17:29 #

Overbites are adorable! Think of Gene Tierney. (Ask your grandma, or google her image.) As for the oddly-shaped head, I have insufficient information to be either supportive or mocking.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks