Thought of the Day

29 Mar

Bill Maher is a mega-douche. Really? Really? That’s the first thing you go after? I thought you were supposed to be a comedian or some shit, Bill.

See also.

I also find it ironic that someone who mocks religious beliefs claims he’s “not into Western medicine”. God, I hate him SO MUCH.

11 Responses to “Thought of the Day”

1. Substance McGravitas 03.29.2011 at 13:57 #

I’m with you on Bill Maher. Dunno that I’d go “douche” for this post, but it did make me wonder if there are mega-douches available for purchase. Super-size it!

2. vacuumslayer 03.29.2011 at 14:27 #

Heh. I love Bill Maher.

That being said, I’m not wild about using those terms to describe any woman. They’re not the first ones I’d go to.

3. zombie rotten mcdonald 03.29.2011 at 14:34 #

he’s “not into Western medicine”.

Want to wager that he’s got a cadillac health care plan?

Second he gets sick, he will rush into the arms of Western Medicine so fast Aurora Health Care stock will spike 18 points.

But if it was his kid sick, I would give it even odds that he would let ’em get sicker while sending ’em to acupuncturists and other woo-scammers.

4. M. Bouffant 03.29.2011 at 14:38 #

Maher is becoming like Charlie Sheen lite; main diff. seems to be that Bill prefers the reefer to the crack.

5. truculentandunreliable 03.29.2011 at 16:04 #

You know, I could take the namecalling if it was in small doses, or was done in a funny manner. It seems like all he’s doing is saying, “Look! Sarah Palin’s a twat!” Often. Yeah, good job, Bill.

And even that’s not so bad outside of the context of his overall attitude toward women, which is *shitty*. I will freely admit to using gendered insults sometimes, which may be hypocritical, but I’d like to think that my attitude towards women casts it in a “I can’t come up with a worse word for this horrible person” vs. “I’m reducing this woman to her shameful, disgusting genitalia”. And I wouldn’t use those word around people who didn’t know me or in a public forum. (Maaaaaaaybe “bitch”, which doesn’t bother me, but if somebody called me on it, I’d be suitably apologetic).

I’m not justifying my namecalling, per se, but there’s something especially ugly about it coming out of a man’s mouth when he’s called other men “pussy whipped” and complained about how much women talk and has likened breastfeeding in public to masturbating in public.

Plus, his love for Ann Coulter is just gross. Really? Sarah Palin’s a “twat”, but Ann Coulter isn’t? Come ooooooonnnn. And do we really need to give Republicans something as easy as “cunt” to jump on?*

*VewIdon’twanttothinkaboutit

6. truculentandunreliable 03.29.2011 at 16:05 #

BTW, VS, I’m not attacking you for liking him. I’m just really fucking irritated with him, and if it comes across like I’m annoyed with you, that’s not it at all. I’m just pissy.

7. B^4 03.29.2011 at 18:17 #

“not into Western medicine”

Don’t drag my neti pot into it (shilling for the industry… is that a VMR?).

Yeah, whatever else you think of Bachmann Palin Overdrive, their gender should not be used pejoratively.

Hell, Berke Breathed was so much more classy when he made fun of Phyllis Schlafley (his “Ladies Against Women” was awesome). We live in debased times.

8. Another Kiwi 03.29.2011 at 19:10 #

Maher is often funny, frequently not funny, but never someone to admire. He’s anti vaccine too, which is just fucking dumb

9. zombie rotten mcdonald 03.29.2011 at 20:18 #

Although Religulous is actually a pretty good piece of work; I start to suspect that it is due to an awesome producer/editor.

10. truculentandunreliable 03.30.2011 at 09:21 #

B^4, I would never talk shit on neti pots. I like my Nasopure better because it’s easy to use, though.

zrm, I honestly haven’t seen it. Obviously, I’m pre-judging, I’m not big on mocking people’s religions unless they are total assholes. The people he interviews may be assholes, but my understanding of the film is that it’s intended as an indictment of all religion. Religion has a lot to answer for, but I think it’s pretty shitty to make fun of people for believing ridiculous things when you think that the flu vaccine causes Alzheimer’s.

And, yeah, that wouldn’t surprise me.

BTW, it amuses me that he’s considered some sort of liberal spokesperson, given the fact that he’s a libertarian.

11. truculentandunreliable 03.30.2011 at 09:41 #

Beez, thanks for linking to my blog on Alicublog!