Two Big Problems That I’ve Never Had

28 Mar

Anybody who knows my musical tastes that it would be out-of-character for me to post a Dag Nasty video on a Monday morning, but I’ve decided to make this my theme song of the week:

I’m not the world’s biggest hardcore fan, but they’re a lot more melodic and a lot less yell-y than some of those other guys.

Also, two things that I must have (OMG SUCH A STEREOTYPE OF MYSELF):

“In the Library” perfume (non-perfume?) by CB I Hate Perfume. I’m not sure it will actually have the book smell that I, personally, love. However, I’d guess that not many people  love the particular smell of decaying paper and book bindings from those plain mid-century books that you see housing journals and the classics that didn’t need all that fancy-ass shit like fucking movie posters and vampires on the front of them.

ZOMG. I think my favorite is the Fifth Doctor’s little teeny celery boutonnière, although the Tenth Doctor’s little Converse are pretty freaking cute, too. I’ve been meaning to learn how to cross-stitch (it can’t be that hard, even for an idiot like me) because I love Charley Harper and he has some awesome patterns. Now I have even more of a reason.

By the way, does anybody else find it sad that all Christopher Eccleston got was a lame-ass leather jacket? The bastards couldn’t have at least given him a hat or something? Hmph.

31 Responses to “Two Big Problems That I’ve Never Had”

1. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 03.28.2011 at 10:50 #

I thought you were a Rebecca Black fan???

2. B^4 03.28.2011 at 12:06 #

I thought you were Rebecca Black!

3. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 12:07 #

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

4. B^4 03.28.2011 at 13:47 #

“In the Library” perfume

They have a Miskatonic variant, which overlays a “deliquescing ***SPOILER ALERT*** Wilbur Whateley” aroma on the basic scent palette.

5. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 13:48 #

OK, you have to buy that cologne and tell us what you think. I’m dying to know what it smells like. Really pretty bottle, btw.

As usual, I’m the dork who took her cousin to the prom and didn’t know any of this stuff. This is why I read blogs. To be little less dorky every day.

6. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 14:12 #

I was like, “Holy shit, really???” for, like, 10 seconds. There is a line of scents from another (relatively small) operation that are inspired by Lovecraft, however. I’ve always been interested in what the Cthulhu one smelled like. I doubt it’s pretty.

7. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 14:14 #

Not dorky. Just not acquainted with the hardcore scene. BTW, they really helped usher in the original emo, which I’ve seen referred to “dinosaur emo” or “emocore.”

8. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 14:19 #

Or were you saying you didn’t know about Dr. Who, VS?

Because that’s just inexcusable. 😉

Actually, it makes me the dork, not you.

9. M. Bouffant 03.28.2011 at 15:37 #

This is why I read blogs. To be a little less dorky every day.

Doon it rong!

10. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 16:57 #

Actually, I was referring to the links to the nifty girly stuff. But I doubt I’ve ever heard a Dag Nasty song…and Dr. Who was something I never got into.

So, seriously, I enjoy discovering new cool shops/blogs/etc.

The Dag Nasty song didn’t do a whole lot for me. But…I’m not sure if you’re aware of this or not, but way back when I was still frequenting my message board, you talked about this one song “Exodus Damage,” which I downloaded just for kicks and grins. And it REALLY got under my skin. I think it’ll be one of those songs I keep forever.

11. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 16:59 #

Doon it rong!

I’m sure there’s no easy fix for my dorkiness, M.

12. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 17:04 #

Gotcha. I spend way too much time reading makeup blogs and shit.

Yeah, I understand re: the Dag Nasty song. As I said, I’m not really a big hardcore fan, but since fear of failure is a problem of mine, this song keeps popping into my head.

Isn’t it an interesting song? It’s like a weird conspiracy theorist/survivalist/Truther/terrorist unrequited love song…

13. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 17:07 #

The only part of the lyrics that stay with me is the “Dance Dance Revolution” ones. I just find the song really gorgeous and weird and whimsical. And a little sad.

14. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 17:50 #

Yes. I love that part. And I feel like it has dual characters–him, and this other character from the gun show.

I really like this one, too. It has that same weird/wistful feeling to it. It’s lovely and creepy.

15. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 18:18 #

I’m downloading it. YAY!

16. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 18:18 #

I mean…*cry*

17. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 18:26 #

The most romantic/wistful song about hiring a prostitute EVAR.

18. vacuumslayer 03.28.2011 at 18:30 #

So it’s like “Pretty Woman” in song form?

*waits for T&U’s head to explode* 😀

19. Substance McGravitas 03.28.2011 at 19:49 #

Descendents!

20. truculentandunreliable 03.28.2011 at 19:56 #

I’m not a big Descendants fan, but I love that song. Also, “Silly Girl.”

21. Substance McGravitas 03.28.2011 at 21:16 #

Cheer!

22. zombie rotten mcdonald 03.29.2011 at 12:00 #

I like the DagNasty. But then I am in kind of a hardcore mood.

23. google advertising professional 05.19.2014 at 23:22 #

fantastic issues altogether, you simply received a logo new reader.

What would you suggest in regards to your put
    up that you made some days ago? Any certain?

24. www.facebook.com 05.28.2014 at 17:38 #

Nice answers in return of this query with genuine arguments and telling everything on the topic of that.

25. amazon gift cards 06.03.2014 at 19:40 #

s ranking can leap from 900,000 to 200,000 in the span of 24
    hours or less. amazon gift cards To steal the market, Microsoft needs to deliver a truly worthwhile product with Window
    8. You should know what the item sells for on amazon BEFORE you buy it.

26. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

27. Fountainhead For Sale 07.10.2014 at 04:46 #

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had
    to tell someone!

28. Hi there friends, how is the whole thing, and what you would like to say regarding this paragraph, in my view its in fact awesome in favor of me.

29. Hatteras Fishing Guides 08.22.2014 at 12:22 #

It’s an amazing post in favor of all the internet viewers; they will take benefit
    from it I am sure.

30. business seminar by Meir Ezra 08.29.2014 at 20:22 #

If you are going for finest contents like I do, only go to see this
    website everyday as it gives feature contents, thanks

31. Bloomberg Meir 08.30.2014 at 19:48 #

Instead of employing a explained effects of people guidance and also the individual becoming skilled,
    equally activities are able to sleep somewhat, to generate a depending on relationship and lead to that connection. Very carefully profiling the prevailing senior citizen administration men and women is crucial, because delegation won’t be effective if it’s presented to someone who is not really effective at using the delegated
    powers effectively. Punta Mita also gives the same latitude because Hawaiian Islands.