Fuck Your Fascist Beauty Standards

17 Mar

I’ve been here five minutes and have already gotten shit about not wearing green.

I swear, I’m becoming more misanthropic by the day.

I do love corned beef, though.

20 Responses to “Fuck Your Fascist Beauty Standards”

1. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 03.17.2011 at 08:20 #

I’m not sure what green crap I’ve got either. Of course, I can always wear last years St. Paddy’s Parade badge.

2. truculentandunreliable 03.17.2011 at 08:22 #

I have a green sweater and a green short-sleeved shirt. There’s just something in me that rebels against being a grown-ass adult and wearing a special color for a special day.

3. vacuumslayer 03.17.2011 at 08:49 #

I’m not irish. I’m exempt, right?

Unless drinking’s involved. Then I’m extra-Irish.

4. zombie rotten mcdonald 03.17.2011 at 09:16 #

Amateur Day.

I live near a college, so I will be driving around barf puddles on the way home.

Also, work downtown and have an interview on a campus at noon, so it will be unavoidable.

But hell, and either way the interview goes, sick or not, I can start drinking after lunch.

5. Whale Chowder 03.17.2011 at 09:54 #

Wait, what’s “beauty standard” about wearing green? Me, I’m Irish all year round so I could give a rip about St. Paddy’s day. It’s just an excuse for all you Vikings and Messicans to drink all day.

And sure, what’s wrong with that?

6. truculentandunreliable 03.17.2011 at 09:58 #

zrm–My favorite thing about walking across downtown to work when I used to take the bus was avoiding vomit puddles on Friday and Monday mornings. And by “favorite,” I mean…ewwww.

Wait, what’s “beauty standard” about wearing green?

Nothing, really. I just like saying that.

7. Whale Chowder 03.17.2011 at 10:15 #

Me write pretty one day.

8. Fenwick 03.17.2011 at 10:17 #

My limited ‘wardrobe’ has no green. Also I’m not Irish. Also I think St. Patrick’s Day is an excuse for little more than drinking and caricatures of the Irish. Needs moar St. Patrick. Redeeming feature: More exposure to Irish music and dance.

T&U: I suggest making up a imaginary ancestry. “My people come from Andorra. We always wear [your major color today]. If you are wearing multiple colors, claim multiple ancestries.

If I remember from S,N threads, you like to wear black. Maybe you could claim ancestry from Mordor….

9. truculentandunreliable 03.17.2011 at 10:29 #

I am actually wearing a completely ridiculous outfit today with only a little black: navy jersey dress, purple cardigan, black and grey argyle tights, and black shoes. And really, grey has been more my jam lately.

This is what happens when my alarm doesn’t go off.

10. zombie rotten mcdonald 03.17.2011 at 11:02 #

If I remember from S,N threads, you like to wear black.

Claim to be related to Johnny Cash.

11. bbkf 03.17.2011 at 11:03 #

actually, ‘the wearing of the green’ means wearing a shamrock on your clothing…we americans have gone overboard on the whole thing…surprising, eh?

also, irish as i am, i eschew the wearing of the green on St. Pat’s day…although i am wearin my orange wool sweater i bought at mucross farms, my connemara marble celtic cross necklace and my pin that proclaims, ‘kiss my shamrocks!’

12. Substance McGravitas 03.17.2011 at 15:36 #

I’ve got green on and when asked I threaten to reveal it.

13. M. Bouffant 03.17.2011 at 16:58 #

My vague & fading memories of elementary school include an open season for pinching those not wearing green.

So what are you complaining about?

TMI: Me: Black robe, pasty white epidermis.

14. B^4 03.18.2011 at 10:52 #

You should have told them “K.M.R.I.A.”. The wearing of the green is about tribalism and (fuck Dinesh D’Souza) an “anti-colonial mindset”. I wore a green shirt to honor my Goidelic forebears, and hit the pub early (I live in the “tavern district”).

Didn’t do the corned beef thing- made a green curry at home before boozing it up.

15. truculentandunreliable 03.18.2011 at 14:52 #

Bouffant, I hate it when people talk to me about stupid shit. The green was just an excuse for small talk. Like the cookies in the break room NO I DO NOT KNOW WHO BROUGHT THEM AND YES WE ALWAYS HAVE FOOD HERE JESUS CHRIST.

B^4, I’m Scottish! Racist.

16. Johnny Pez 03.18.2011 at 23:57 #

I think the point of wearing green on the Feast of Saint Patrick is that it helps to hide the vomit stains.

17. B^4 03.19.2011 at 02:57 #

B^4, I’m Scottish! Racist.

Uh, Scots is Goidels too, dearie!

18. truculentandunreliable 03.19.2011 at 10:40 #

I meant the “K.M.R.I.A.” part. And really, I’m a German/Scottish/teeny bit of American Indian mongrel.

19. 靴 ブランド 女性 10.23.2013 at 04:39 #