You Can’t Build a Blogging Empire This Way

6 Mar

Oh man, if I’m trying to be on track to be the World’s Most Famous Blogger EVAR, I am already failing.

Actually, I’m not, but I’d still like to be productive.

The problem is that the news is depressing the hell out of me. Most of the time, the only reaction I have to Republican stupidity and the collapse of our society in general is AAAAARRRRRRRG BLARRRRRG. And when I do have something to say, I lose steam quickly because it doesn’t seem like it’s even worth the emotional effort.  Especially when smarter and better writers have already written something brilliant and I feel like I’m just treading old ground. And lately I’ve been all, “WHAR’S MY FUNNY?” because she is a fickle bitch who comes and goes (for me, anyway), so even vaguely amusing posts about various bullshit seem to be out.

So that leaves outfit blogging and cat blogging. Both of which a) require a decent camera, and b) are boring as shit, at least for an extended period of time.

Shorter Me: MEHHHHHHHHHHH.

And, just because I love this song:

10 Responses to “You Can’t Build a Blogging Empire This Way”

1. ifthethunderdontgetya 03.06.2011 at 22:01 #

I know just what you mean! That’s why I’ve resorted to learning how to make animated gifs using the GIMP.

Downside: have to learn stuff.

2. nedbeaumontjr 03.06.2011 at 22:05 #

That’s why I don’t blog original thoughts, just regurgitated stuff.

3. M. Bouffant 03.06.2011 at 22:45 #

I like the malaise tag …

And have gone each blog-agony you mention. Today.

But w/ a cat & outfits you’re already two up on me. We aren’t bored yet.

In all seriousness, post at least one something a day, needn’t be earth-shattering or universally interesting, keeps you in people’s readers, etc.

4. M. Bouffant 03.06.2011 at 22:46 #

Gone through each, gone-doggit!

5. zombie rotten mcdonald 03.06.2011 at 22:49 #

Feel free to steal Fuck You Friday.

6. Baron von Hosenschlange 03.07.2011 at 00:05 #

Hang in there, kitten.

7. Substance McGravitas 03.07.2011 at 00:36 #

I shatter the Earth every damned day and you’re all still here typing.

8. Another Kiwi 03.07.2011 at 00:56 #

Some bloggers, Jonah G for example, seem to be aiming for a toilet shattering post everyday.

9. truculentandunreliable 03.07.2011 at 15:11 #

Glad my experience is not unique.

Thanks, zrm…I may take you up on that. I doubt I’ll be as articulate in my anger as you are, but I can try.

Bouffant–Yes, that is what I’m trying to tell myself. And I’m surprised I’ve only now started using the “malaise” tag.

B von H– 🙂 Thank you.

Yeah, I mean, I can always comfort myself with the fact that I’m not Jonah Goldberg, even on my worst days.

10. smut clyde 03.07.2011 at 20:46 #

“This benign property of his prose is not, one hopes, to be attributed to the reason noticed by the eccentric du Garbandier, who said ‘the beauty of reading a page of [redacted] is that it leads one inescapably to the happy conviction that one is not, of all nincompoops, the greatest’.”