Useless

24 Feb

I’ve been trying to write a post about unions and some other shit I’ve already forgotten about for days now, but my brain only seems to be capable of forming bon mots and innuendo, so I’m going to link to an appalling column by a douchebag and discuss his douchiness.

Money shot:

Yes, I know it’s meddling in another country’s “internal affairs,” and a strike against the Libyan Air Force may be considered an act of war in some lawyers’ offices.  But if we did those things we’d save a lot of innocent lives and enhance our chances of being more effective in the future.

Actually, I don’t think there’s much else to say besides “He’s a douche.”

Also, I want to settle this here and now. My hands are quite dainty. Look how small my right one is compared to my head:

So there.

UPDATE!!!!!

Because I am a giver:

22 Responses to “Useless”

1. Spengler 02.24.2011 at 22:22 #

Jesus, some people are so sensitive. You have lovely, girlish hands.

Is that your shoulder, or are you standing in front of a mountain?

2. zombie rotten mcdonald 02.24.2011 at 22:35 #

The basic rules are easy: don’t do anything that is likely to make things worse,

In what fucking world does “Bombing” equal “not making things worse”?

Dude, most warmongers make do with Tom Clancy novels and Call of Duty.

3. truculentandunreliable 02.24.2011 at 22:36 #

I think your ear hair is obscuring your view. It’s obviously my shoulder.

4. truculentandunreliable 02.24.2011 at 22:37 #

zrm–Right? Because, you know, last time we bombed a predominantly Muslim country in order to oust a dictator, that went really, really well.

5. Spengler 02.24.2011 at 22:39 #

That’s what blows my mind — WE JUST FUCKING DID THIS and it was a DISASTER. These people are so contrarian they’d rather die (or have other people die) than do anything in a humanitarian manner, ever, no matter what.

6. Spengler 02.24.2011 at 22:41 #

Post a picture of your humidifier. I have a fetish going.

7. truculentandunreliable 02.24.2011 at 22:45 #

It really actually is a dehumidifier, which makes it even more ridiculous, because it’s winter and there’s no need to run it.

8. jim 02.24.2011 at 22:45 #

Bon mots & innuendo? You’re a one-woman HuffPo!

9. Spengler 02.24.2011 at 22:49 #

Your place must get unbearably dry on movie night.

10. truculentandunreliable 02.24.2011 at 22:53 #

I am not even going to go there.

11. ifthethunderdontgetya 02.24.2011 at 22:54 #

Michael Ledeen’s history of douchiness is extensive.

12. The Fenwickians 02.24.2011 at 23:10 #

Sure, that’s a lovely hand in the photo, at least what we can see of it.

But do you have an immensely powerful and completely-out-of-proportion thumb? With a wicked slashing razor-sharp thumbnail to disembowel misogynists?

13. Smut Clyde 02.25.2011 at 04:15 #

Also dainty.

14. zombie rotten mcdonald 02.25.2011 at 10:01 #

Looks to me like Lisa Loeb is hiding behind that hand.

15. Whale Chowder 02.25.2011 at 11:02 #

Note to self: do not get into a game of the dozens with Spengler.

16. truculentandunreliable 02.25.2011 at 11:16 #

But do you have an immensely powerful and completely-out-of-proportion thumb?

Yes. I like to hitchhike.

With a wicked slashing razor-sharp thumbnail to disembowel misogynists?

No, I have a terrible time growing my nails. That pinky nail is about as long as it gets.

17. truculentandunreliable 02.25.2011 at 11:19 #

zrm–Just your typical cat-loving wannabe librarian. (God, I’m pathetic.

WC, I know, right? He’s very good about lulling you into a false sense of security and then punching you in the stomach.

18. B^4 02.25.2011 at 14:09 #

Iguanodon girl- cat-loving wannabe librarian by day, misogynist-disembowling vigilantress by night.

19. Smut Clyde 02.25.2011 at 18:06 #

I hope it is a posable thumb.

20. Spengler 02.25.2011 at 19:56 #

I can’t believe that humidifier isn’t behind a paywall. I’d fork over $19 a month for that.

21. truculentandunreliable 02.25.2011 at 20:07 #

Business plan!!!!

Just for you, Spengler, I’d throw in the air purifier for free.

22. bbkf 02.28.2011 at 16:18 #

Actually, I don’t think there’s much else to say besides “He’s a douche.”

also, too…a tool, just for good measure…