Tardy Tuesday

15 Feb

OH ADORING FOLLOWERS I HAVE RETURNED!!1111!!!

Ahem. Anyway, because I have been very bad and haven’t posted in a while and totes missed Music Monday, I have TWO VIDEOS FUCK YEAH.

The first is this one (I kinda want to have this guy’s indie mullet babies):

The second is an Arcade Fire song (actually, the first song on their first record). I already have a song of theirs up on my About page, but THEY FUCKING WON A FUCKING GRAMMY MOTHERFUCKERS*. I’m as proud of them as a fan can possibly be.

I saw them in a tiny club when their first record came out and they were performing with David Bowie just a few months later.  I often say this, but it’s very true–they are the band that best captures what it’s like to be who I am during this time in my life, and I feel like I’ve grown up with them to some extent.

*I can not believe that unknown artists will earn a world-renowned artists like justin and lady gaga for that reason cease to believe in the legality of prizes

UPDATE! Tawny Kitaen weighs in.  She’s just jealous they didn’t invite her to be in any of their videos.

14 Responses to “Tardy Tuesday”

1. The Variants 02.16.2011 at 00:29 #

Hi T&U. This is mostly a test message. For some reason, I’ve been having trouble getting comments to post on sites of other S,N bloggers (e.g, VS, B^4, some others). Crossing my fingers now….

2. The Variants 02.16.2011 at 01:07 #

Ooooo-RAH! It worked!

Both of the music posts blew me away.

The violinist was amazing. I’m not an audio engineer, but he was doing some amazing things with his stomp box: laying down rythym, sync-looping, don’t know what all, but it was great. The controlled distortion that created the cello / double bass sound amazed me. Then he worked both ‘instruments’–cello/bass AND violin–simultaneously. Fucking great. I also liked his humility and rapport with the audience.

“they are the band that best captures what it’s like to be who I am during this time in my life”

Suggestion: Post some songs that reflect that sentence. Perhaps with a preface? The where or when or WHY they matter to you.

I really don’t know Arcade Fire, impossible though that sounds. I only heard them once, on Colbert; I liked them very much. I know they are widely admired for the music and lyrics (evidenced at the Awards). I would like to hear more; you can guide me to their best work.

The video was very fine story-telling. Tightly constructed to fight into five minutes, yet with nuance in it. Multiple interpretations. (At least for me: It had elements that occur sometimes in my dreaming life.)

Thanks for posting pieces of music.

3. smut clyde 02.16.2011 at 05:48 #

Tawny Kitaen weighs in.
    Suddenly you have my undivided attention.

4. actor212 02.16.2011 at 09:00 #

I’m with Smut.

I mean, the poster, not the media. OK, that too.

Godfuckingdamn work…get booted off Sadly,No! and look what happens! You grow up and grab your own b…log!

5. zombie rotten mcdonald 02.16.2011 at 09:32 #

Forget about Arcade Fire debacles.

What does Tawny Kitaen think about the situation in Egypt? AND HAS SHE HEARD ABOUT WHAT THE QUEERS ARE DOING TO THE SOIL????

6. B^4 02.16.2011 at 13:49 #

Might be a “cookie functionality problem”… that would be a great name for a band!

7. smut clyde 02.16.2011 at 13:58 #

Think of all the traffic you will attract with regular Tawny Kitaen blogging.

8. B^4 02.16.2011 at 16:21 #

About the post title… LEAVE TRIG ALONE!!!

9. Substance McGravitas 02.16.2011 at 18:31 #

Tawny Kitaen is an important figure in music.

10. truculentandunreliable 02.16.2011 at 19:13 #

Variants–Thanks. I mean, not that I made them, but still, thanks for complimenting my awesome taste.

I can do something like that re: Arcade Fire, but I’d feel awfully self-indulgent. Then again, it’s my blog, bitches!

Guys, I am *not* blogging about Tawny Kitaen anymore. Unless it’s to make fun of her plastic surgery, which is venturing into Scaryville. Because I am a bitch.

Besides, Megan Fox is a much better draw.

11. Smut Clyde 02.16.2011 at 22:27 #

Besides, Megan Fox is a much better draw.

Ah, you’re seeking the younger demographic.

12. zombie rotten mcdonald 02.16.2011 at 22:50 #

Tardy Kitaen?

13. truculentandunreliable 02.17.2011 at 10:53 #

Smut–Gotta get ’em while they’re young.

14. Spengler 02.17.2011 at 11:32 #

For me it’s Eva Braun or nobody. Her band “Reichstag Fire’ was teh asweome.