Because Work Sucks

7 Feb

Nobody makes me feel hopeful like Ted Leo does. Any other suggestions for hopeful songs, oh Adoring and Practically Non-Existent Audience?

7 Responses to “Because Work Sucks”

1. M. Bouffant 02.07.2011 at 07:18 #

2. truculentandunreliable 02.07.2011 at 07:44 #

Good choice!

3. zombie rotten mcdonald 02.07.2011 at 16:22 #

Almost anything power pop.

or ska.

4. The Variants 02.08.2011 at 01:41 #

I don’t know about ‘hopeful’ … but that’s is surely a kick-ass Driving Song! Rollercoaster roads in dappled sunlight, lonely nightime Interstate marathons. Back when I was a jock, I sometimes assembed a bloc of Driving Music for people just passing through the listening area, you know, Tulsa-to-KC traffic. This cut would have been a great insert into the mix.

Hopeful songs? These seem to empower my independence and determination. (Is that hope?) ‘Go Your Own Way’ (Fleetwood) … ‘Feeling Stronger Everyday’ (Chicago) … ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ (Journey) … ‘End of the Line’ (Wilburys). Here’s the Wilburys link:

I like the idea of Music Monday! (Perhaps use Good Driving Music sometime?)

Also, I’m so glad that you took the step and made this blog. May it bring delight to you and to others.

5. exford legs 02.08.2011 at 04:21 #

Pennywhistle

6. truculentandunreliable 02.08.2011 at 10:22 #

exford legs, I can’t get that video! 😦

Variants–Perhaps a better term would be “comforted.” The whole record is like that for me, really–it was written in the middle of the Bush years, and while the lyrics are as angry and helpless as I felt at the time, they’re also hopeful and spur me on to be and do better. I don’t think another musician has really ever done that for me, at least, not to the extent that he has.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Because Work Sucks « Acoustic! Kitty! -- Topsy.com - 02.07.2011

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Katie, Katie. Katie said: Because Work Sucks http://wp.me/pUzhZ-37 […]