Fucking Elitist

6 Feb

I learned via Rumproast that Sarah Palin gave an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network in which she showed off her past participation in a fancy “pay for liberal indoctrination” scheme:

I want the mainstream media, and I’ve said this for a couple of years now, I want to help ‘em. I want. I have a journalism degree, that is what I studied.

Next she’ll be talking about arugula and sundried tomato coulis sandwiches on organic whole-wheat baguettes.  It’s like I don’t even know who she is anymore.

14 Responses to “Fucking Elitist”

1. M. Bouffant 02.06.2011 at 22:00 #

Oh, this is you! I was gonna read the “Under My Thumb” piece (which I noticed when you linked here before, & ’cause I suspect I feel the same way) but didn’t note the author name, because I am a big dummy & as much a scanner as reader.

Yada yada, best sentiments in your new yada.

2. truculentandunreliable 02.06.2011 at 22:04 #

It *is* me! Thank you.

3. Dragon-King Wangchuck 02.06.2011 at 22:42 #

Hey, it is a fuckin’ blog! Although it doesn’t seem like you’re drunk or stoned.

4. truculentandunreliable 02.06.2011 at 22:49 #

I decided to make drunk/stoned blogging a feature. An often-recurring feature.

5. Chris 02.06.2011 at 22:55 #

“I want.” Well done Sarah, very well done indeed! Next week, we’ll be covering direct objects. In the long run, I have high hopes for you.

6. M.A.M.Ed.-but-still-kicking 02.06.2011 at 23:26 #

I’ve been lurking around reading your comments for months, now. Not a lot of time to comment when you’re trying to write a dissertation, finish grad classes, and feed a family of five.

It’s great to see you’ve got a blog now. You’re always cogent and eloquent, and I love your comments. Thanks for gracing us with your website, and congratulations!

7. truculentandunreliable 02.06.2011 at 23:33 #

That is hardcore! I thought I was semi-badass for getting my master’s while working.

Good luck, and thank you so much!

8. jim 02.06.2011 at 23:34 #

Palin just wants everyone to get along her way, OR ELSE. Why can’t the rest of us seem to respect that?

Also, ZOMG! YR NAME TURNED BLUE!

9. Johnny Pez 02.07.2011 at 01:23 #

Sarah Palin’s success in earning a journalism degree says a lot about journalism degrees. And not in a good way.

10. Dragon-King Wangchuck 02.07.2011 at 01:48 #

Thanks for timing your blog premiere the way you have – I was looking for a fifth for blogroll amnesty day and a brand spanking* new blog is perfect. Although, I think all the blogs I linked are actually higher traffic than mine. Anyways, you can return the favour next year when your readership is zillions of times bigger.

*Innuendo intended

11. truculentandunreliable 02.07.2011 at 09:56 #

jim–ZOMG I KNOW! Blue is one of my favorite colors!

JP–Right? The dumbest, most annoying, most ignorant, most clueless person I’ve ever met (I haven’t met Sarah Palin, so she doesn’t count) has a degree in broadcast journalism. Edward R. Murrow would be proud.

DKW–Thank you!

12. dorothyzbornak 02.07.2011 at 11:27 #

Oh, Sarah.

She’s actually got a communications degree with a focus on journalism. It only took her five years and five different colleges to get it, too!

And, as someone who also has a communications degree with a journalism focus, I can assure you that it shouldn’t take that long, or that many schools, to obtain one. Of course, when you’re barely literate, as it appears she is, it might take a little longer.

13. truculentandunreliable 02.07.2011 at 11:38 #

DottyZ–I didn’t realize it was a communications degree! Yeah.

Not denigrating your degree choice or line of work at all, of course.

You know who else has a communications degree with an emphasis in broadcast journalism?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention Fucking Elitist « Acoustic! Kitty! -- Topsy.com - 02.06.2011

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Katie, R. J. Sterling. R. J. Sterling said: "@truculent: Fucking Elitist http://wp.me/pUzhZ-2W" Gucch. $$$arah Paylin yammering about her "journalism degree". That's baloney. […]