Canadians!

30 Jan

These guys almost make up for Rush. Almost.

I saw them a few years ago, but we were drunk and I think I might have been one of those people. I know I probably wasn’t completely obnoxious, but my memories of that show are slightly tainted by self-consciousness. Which sucks, because a) they’re fucking fantastic live, and b) they’ve broken up. Tis a tragedy.

8 Responses to “Canadians!”

1. Paul Debraski 01.30.2012 at 12:12 #

The Constantines broke up? Oh, a very sad day indeed. They never got their due, but they made a couple great albums.

2. Substance McGravitas 01.30.2012 at 16:19 #

Fortunately, we still have Rush. Bright antennae bristle with the energy!

3. Paul Debraski 01.30.2012 at 16:37 #

Indeed, new album in the Spring, I understand, eh?

My favorite recent random joke….

So Ringo Starr has a new album called Ringo 2012. And I read a wonderful-to-imagine comment that someone was waiting for the split EP with Rush called Ringo 2112. The mind reels.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard 01.30.2012 at 18:06 #

Hey, don’t sweat it- probably happens at least once at every venue.

5. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© 01.30.2012 at 18:16 #

Build The Fence!

6. truculentandunreliable 02.01.2012 at 16:26 #

Paul–Yeah, apparently Bry Webb wanted to spend more time with his kid or something. LAME.

Sub–That is such bullshit. Hopefully Arcade Fire or The Weakerthans will put something out soon to balance that shit out.

B^4–Sure, but I don’t want that person to be *me*. At least I wasn’t screaming “HAIRDRESSER ON FIRE” over and over drunkenly like some girl did at one of the Morrissey concerts I went to. Especially because it would be exceptionally weird and obnoxious to do so at a Constantines concert.

ittdgy–Can we build just a Rush-specific fence? I don’t really mind the rest of them. Although I wouldn’t object to keeping the Barenaked Ladies out, too.

7. Substance McGravitas 02.01.2012 at 22:38 #